Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Pics

To celebrate the Americanest of American holidays, Jess and I hosted a feast of mixed Moroccan-American heritage. Since had turkey (fillets- didn't want to actually slaughter and cook a turkey, 'specially since I don't have an oven...), pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, stuffing (thanks to a box mix from Mom), wine, rice salad, egg salad, regular salad.... it was great! The best thing was having so many friends to celebrate and to support us as we missed our families from home. For many this was the first Thanksgiving away from home and for many more this was their first Thanksgiving EVER. For me, it was exactly what I needed and one of my favorite moments in Morocco so far.



The spread

Saad, Safwan, Mohammad, Kareem, Rachel and Jess

Samir and Issam entertain the crowds

We also said goodbye to Simo who just moved to the US of A...

Anna and Bouazza (our favorite teacher of all time)

No comments: