Tuesday, August 11, 2009

International Saharawis

During my time at the Fulbright Regional Conference in Jordan, I had some fun making my friends dress up in my favorite item of clothing: a Moroccan Saharawi robe. These things are like the best mumus EVER! I wear mine in my apartment in Rabat quite regularly, so it was exciting to see how it would go over with the international Fulbright crowd. As you'll see here, the robe was received with a range of emotions, mostly giggles. The robe has a way of drawing out hidden personalities, too....
















Although not ever Fulbrighter in attendance is pictured here, I think this smattering creates a fair representation of the good times and new friends that were had in Amman. Maybe I need to make ALL of my friends take pictures with me in this robe and just spackle my walls with the montage....

No comments: