1) Trying to stand on the bus, you could be pushed into straddling the lap of the person behind you while attempting to hold on to your purse, keep a grip on the overhead railing, and not step on any of the 30 other people in your immediate vicinity. Better yet, the forceful pusher could be an old woman.
2) You could watch the passersby in hopes of seeing awesome T-Shirt slogans like "New York Gants" (I didn't misspell that, it really said Gants).
3) People could get pissed at the bus driver and throw things at him from the streets.
4) You could (and probably will) get run over by a car when you're trying to cross the street. I've often wondered, perhaps quite morbidly, if I'm destined to die young. Now I'm almost certain it will come in the next year at the hands of Moroccan driver that I'm trying to dodge mid-street. (sorry, Mom, maybe you shouldn't read this...) It's a necessity- you have to cross the street. And to do so, you better be prepared to get stuck in the middle with cars whizzing by on both sides.
5) In an attempt to practice your Arabic, you could get stuck talking to a cab driver who insists on repeatedly calling you the equivalent of "hottie" repeatedly while laughing and trying to figure out what the hell you're doing here.
Nexstop Guides
15 years ago

1 comment:
In addition to misspellings, you should also keep your eyes open for championship t-shirts for teams that didn't actually win. A good example - 2008 Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. T-shirt companies make up the championship shirts for both teams before the game so that the winning side can don their shirts as the buzzer is sounding. Ergo, the loser's shirts must go somewhere!
Post a Comment