Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On the Radio

I wrote a song that was performed on Moroccan radio!!! I'm late in blogging about it, but partly I was a little embarassed to publish my lyrics. But what the heck. I'm proud of it.
When I traveled to Marrakesh in January, my friend and I wrote a song while we were on the train. His band took a liking to it and, poof! they performed it (with Jess singing backup) on the radio a month later. What a strange sidenote in my journey!
Waiting at the radio/TV station
Destination Arrival

1)
We tumble on, we stop, we slide
As blurs of green go passing by
Like my reflection in your eyes
No destination till we arrive

2)
Can't fight it off and can't be swayed
So close your eyes and take your place
Just open up to give and take
To bend and break, and give and take

Chorus:
I want to rise, I want to fall
I need to win to lose it all
Just feel my hand upon your chest
All the way....to nothing left

3)
We search for something we cannot find
Might lose our way, might lose our minds
Just keep on hoping we'll feel the pull
When all is empty, all is full

(Repeat Chorus and verse 1)

No comments: